San Francisco Chronicle, April 17, 2008
This op-ed argues that people should support net neutrality.
People should support net neutrality to keep the Internet open and encourage trust and growth.
- The Internet is more open than previous technologies to ordinary people.
- Net Neturality is a set of proposals to restrict ISP’s from charging more for “fast lane” service.
- Comcast, AT&T and Verizon oppose net neutrality because it is in their interest to be able to use their networks to harm competitors.
- Online businesses will not grow if they feel they cannot trust the networks.
- The FCC stopped Comcast from blocking movies and other content from reaching consumers.
- People should support net neutrality.