ACADEMIC ARTICLE SUMMARY
Google et Doubleclick, Une Fusion à Regarder de Près
Article Source: Les Echo, November 29, 2007
Publication Date:Time to Read: 1 minute read
This op-ed, written in French, describes Google and Doubleclick’s plans to merge.
Policy makers should take a close look at the merger of firms involved in internet advertising because of its consequences for competition and policy.
- Google is the dominant Internet search engine, serving consumers and advertisers.
- Doubleclick provides Internet advertising services as well.
- Both firms use information about consumers in placing ads.
- The mergers of Google and Doubleclick poses new problems with competition and privacy law.
- Regulators should recognize the importance of understanding the market for Internet advertising and how web content is funded.